Module 6
PowerPoint: Making
PowerPoint Slides- I enjoyed looking through this PowerPoint as it was a
good refresher on how to construct a well developed presentation. I found that
the information portrayed in this PowerPoint presentation showed examples and
information that I have been doing already. A few things that I did not do when
creating presentations as an undergrad student, was create an outline slide, a
conclusion slide, and ask for questions at the end. During our professional
development sessions, our academic coaches do a great job of creating
PowerPoints that include all the major components.
EBSCO: I have used this
research tool in past courses when looking for accredited and published
articles. I am familiar with this tool, and will definitely be using it for future
resources.
Creating Good PowerPoint
Presentations: I found this article
to be very informative. It is important that we engage our audience and not
bore them. The links included were very helpful in reminding me about key
pointers to remember when working with PowerPoint especially. I use PowerPoint
daily for my morning kiosk, and I actually found some answers to a few
questions I had.
PowerPoint and Kid Pix
Studio: I absolutely loved this article. I am always looking for ways to incorporate
technology into instruction and allowing my students to learn through
multimedia verses worksheets; however, they are sometimes necessary. The
templates that came with this source are absolutely fabulous and I will most
certainly be using them in my classroom. I really liked how PowerPoint can be
connected to reading picture books and even English Language Arts. Our possibilities
are unlimited when it comes to engaging our students through the use of
technology.
Web 2.0-In reading
we have been talking about the difference between digital and print sources. My
students have been learning about Prezis, PowerPoints, blogs, and wikis which
are just a few of the resources listed. I also am big on using clip art and
pictures through daily instruction and with the help of www.morguefile.com, I
am sure not to infringe on any copyrights. I really enjoy using these various tools as a
means of instruction; they just tend to take a LONG time to create. L
Katie- I completely agree with you regarding the integration of technology in the classroom. I am trying to get better about using it more, but I am not completely used to it yet. However, my kids LOVE making projects and presentations on computers because their possibilities are endless. We have made PowerPoint presentations in the past, but I had never heard of Kid Pix Studio. I am excited to try this throughout the month of May because we are doing a ton of various projects. As far as Web 2.0 and digital sources, I have found that my kids would much rather research information online than with a text book or encyclopedia. So, I always try my best to allow the children enough research time to find information on the internet.
ReplyDelete